Program goals are tied to Pearce Hall's mission and vision and include increasing pre-vocational work skills, increasing positive sensory experiences, increasing social and emotional management, enhancing the quality of life and a sense of purpose, and increasing joyful moments for students throughout the school day.
Sponsors and Partners
The Horticulture Therapy Group at Pearce Hall would not be successful without the generous donations from the following organizations-
- Eden Brothers Flowers: have donated numerous plants and seeds for the students. Learn more about their beautiful products here https://www.edenbrothers.com/
- Baker Creek Seeds-:Seeds and other foliage for the students to use. Please visit- https://www.rareseeds.com/ to purchase their products
- Hansen's Trees: Generous donations of plants, soil and mulch for the program. Visit https://www.hansenstree.com/ for all of your tree needs
- Baxter Gardens West: Gardening supplies and landscaping needs. Please visit https://www.baxtergardenswest.com/
- Fick Supply Services- Landscaping and compost donations. Premium landscaping supplies can be found at- https://www.ficksupply.com/
The purpose of the horticultural therapy program at Pearce Hall, led by Amy Nau, is to help students be more successful in their personal and academic lives. The program accomplishes this by designing therapy goals and objectives to aid in positive behavior, social and emotional development, and by focusing the program to achieve personal, special education, and academic goals. Using horticultural therapy as a complementary therapy to aid student behavior and academic achievement, the therapist works alongside Pearce Hall teachers, support staff, and educational support counselors to help students make positive progress in their goals.