Heritage Primary is a Title One school that receives Title One Schoolwide funding.
What does this mean for the students at Heritage Primary?
Title One Schoolwide Plan:
- A schoolwide program is a comprehensive reform strategy designed to ensure that all students, particularly those who are low-achieving, demonstrate proficient and advanced levels of achievement on State academic achievement standards.
- A schoolwide program uses its Title allocation to upgrade the entire educational program of the school in order to raise academic achievement for ALL students at the school. No longer are students or teachers labeled “Title I,” but instead all students and all the teachers at the school use Title I dollars to improve the school’s entire academic program.
- A schoolwide program is built upon schoolwide reform strategies rather than separate, add-on services. This schoolwide reform strategy requires that a school –
- Conducts a comprehensive needs assessment;
- Identify and commit to specific goals and strategies that address those needs;
- Create a comprehensive plan; and
- Conduct an annual review of the effectiveness of the schoolwide program and revise the plan as necessary.
Heritage Primary Schoolwide Plan:
As determined by our needs assessment our goals for the 2019-2020 school year are:
- By May 2020, 75% of students will be reading at or above grade-level or will have made one years of growth, as measured by reading assessments and literacy data.
Our strategies to address these goals:
- Empowering teachers to implement purposeful planning for small strategies groups
- Implementing student goal setting & celebration
- New York Teachers College Professional Development
- Student-Centered Coaching
- Monthly Collaborations with building reading interventionsist
We will monitor the progress of these goals by
- Vertical & Team/Grade Level Data Discussions, Problem Solving & Professional Learning with the New York Teachers College Trainings
- Principal Led Student Data Discussions and Proactive Planning based on Monitored Progress & Formative Data Collection
- Peer observations and coaching for planning & implementing small strategy groups
- Reviewing Evidence of differentiated instruction
- Reviewing Evidence of individualized student goals
- Proactive team planning & progress monitoring revolves around current student data
- Observing Whole group, small group & individual instruction is based on current student data
- Observing Implementation of flexible small strategy groups with clear teaching point based on student needs
- Facilitating Adjustments of student groups across teams based on student progress and goals
- Supporting Teachers to collaboratively plan through implementation of strategy groups
- Observing Implementation of student goal setting with conferring
- Reviewing Evidence of differentiated instruction in conferring
In May of 2020, we will hold an annual program evaluation meeting. Parents will be invited to attend and are a critical part of the review process.